Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What happens when life slows down...

So, whether in the metroplex, or even Searcy, Natalie and I are on the move most of the time.  However, with these really long, sunlit days, combined with no homework or work to bring home after work, life is very different here.  I made homemade split pea soup and combined it with bratwurst, salad and garlic bread for dinner.  Natalie had a nap after work and then we had dinner and went out to a beautiful park on the bay and played baseball!  And let me tell you, my wife can WALLOP the baseball!  WOW! I couldn't get over it.

After we stretched our muscles, we headed to the local Tastee Freeze (the northernmost one in the entire U.S.) and enjoyed some tastee treats!  Then Natalie gave me an extra piece of good news, because she doesn't have to be at work until 9:15am tomorrow, instead of 7:45am.  It is hard to go to sleep when it is still so light outside, even at midnight.  As I write this, it is 10:30pm, but you might think it was, oh, say, 7:30pm at home.  It only really gets dark between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m., and even that will end here soon.  So, this little bit of extra time in the morning will allow us to sleep better and give me time to cook breakfast for Natalie (maybe even brought to her in bed, as befits a proper princess!) Tomorrow is our third day in a row when it should reach the low 80's here, and then  Thursday it will drop about 15 degrees.  Our apartment is very near to the minor league baseball stadium here in Anchorage, and they should start playing here in about 10 days...I am going to take Natalie for sure!  Hope you all are well and getting set for Summer...it will certainly be a jolt to return to the heat in the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment