Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Two-For-Tuesday

When I was in high school, my dad bought me a Minolta Maxxim SLR camera, and the photography bug hit me.  I have been an avid photographer now for 25+ years, and the light here in Alaska is exquisite, because even after sundown you still get this really nice, soft, diffused light.  Natalie has also caught the photography bug, and has become QUITE the photographer in the last couple of years.  Several of the photos on the blog have been taken by her and they are very good!  We watched a podcast together last night on photography techniques, and I was able to put one of them into use tonight in the park.  The sun was low enough on the horizon that I could use it behind these trees!  Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts and especially seeing all the photos!!! Glad you guys are getting to enjoy where your at! I am still so jealous !!!!!!!!! But I agree love not having all the STRESS! Miss you guys and take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becca...money is tight, and Alaska is expensive, which does occasionally pose some stressful moments, and Natalie's internship doesn't jive with all of the things ya'll have been taught to expect in the field, but overall, it sure is nice to feel LAID BACK. And tell Dennis he could TOTALLY hang here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all finding the same things ...that the real world is SOOOOOOOOO much different...and I love it:) I know it's expensive but I think taking salary differences into consideration..it's all relative. Glad to see you having some fun and experiencing the local culture. Tell Natalie to e-mail me !!!! Esp. about her offsite ...dying to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete