Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trying to keep it going...

Well, no word on our camera.  Tomorrow I am going to try and hit up the pawn shops and see if it has turned up.  It has been such a bummer to both Natalie and I, because we love taking pictures SOOO much and it was SUCH a nice camera.  However, we feel better (more peaceful) today.  I filed a police report, which will apparently take several days to be officially 'filed', and I will check my auto insurance policy as soon as we get home and see if I can file a claim.  I am not sure what my deductible is, but I will figure it out as soon as we get home.

We will be leaving Alaska on Saturday, June 22nd...to make our way back south...which will give us just enough time to get Natalie back in Searcy for her next round of classes, which begin on July 1st.  I will use a few older photos right now, until we see if we can get our camera back or not.  Tonight Natalie has been doing homework for Harding, and I have actually been working for her boss on their website.

These photos were taken the other day at the Alyeska resort.  After we came down on the tram, we ran into a group of transplanted Texans (originally from Wichita Falls) who were using trash bags to sled down a hill on.  They invited us to join in, and so we did!  It was a real joy and blessing and a moment I think neither of us will ever forget.

The weather continues to be beautiful here, and we are still hoping to make it down to Seward this weekend...although some of the appeal is gone after losing our camera.  However, they didn't break a window getting into our car, and they left some things that they could have taken as well, so we feel grateful and thankful.  Unfortunately, the other main thing they took besides the camera equipment was Natalie's makeup bag, so we had to go to Target tonight and buy her some more.  All in all, we still feel very GRATE-FULL and blessed, and send a special thank you out to my mother-in-law, whose timely gift allowed us to go and quickly replace the makeup.  So a great big hug to Vicki!

No comments:

Post a Comment